Torqeedo is a pioneer of electric mobility on the water. Founded in 2005, we are now the world leader in advanced electric drives for boats. The products we develop and manufacture are uncompromising, sustainable, and superior in performance, design, and convenience. We employ over 150 employees worldwide, and we’re always looking for fresh talent. People who want to get things moving come to work at Torqeedo.
To expand our cooperation with DEUTZ AG, we are seeking several innovative development engineers for full time positions at our headquarters in Gilching, near Munich.
Development engineer for battery design and testing (m/w/x)
- Develop the mechanical and electromechanical components of batteries such as the housing, busbars, and seals
- Select suitable materials under consideration of the desired specifications
- Ensure thermal interface and isolation of the battery
- Design of the corresponding components and assemblies in 3D CAD Solidworks
- Technical evaluation and assessing samples from suppliers when procuring tools, design prototypes, and functional prototypes
- Conducting functional, battery life, and validation testing in the laboratory and on the boat on Lake Starnberg in compliance with applicable standards
- Technical project management including budgeting responsibility
- Degree in the field of mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, or comparable technical degree
- Experience in engineering plastic components and similar components
- Knowledge of electric motors and combustion motors is beneficial
- Affinity for construction and farm equipment or boats desirable
- Sets high standards for self, very motivated and willing to travel
If interested, send us your completed application together with your salary requirements and the date of your earliest availability.
What we offer you
An attractive job at a growing company that includes a wide variety of exciting responsibilities. You’ll experience respect, trust, the freedom to create, a short chain of command, flat hierarchies, and people who hold themselves to a high standard.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact
Johanneke Naumann – Verspoor
Specialist HR & ADM
Phone +49 8153 9215 – 233